Our annual open house was a great day of fun had by all. Summer Camp registrations are coming in strong. Grab your spot before they’re all gone! http://asburyhills.org/all-about-summer-camp/
Monthly Archives: April 2016
It’s official. We are 50 days away from the start of summer camp. So in honor of that, here’s our list of 50 things we are super pumped about for Summer 2016.
- Learning more about what it means to Trek with Christ
- Replacing the current quiet with over 1100 loud campers
- Celebrating a bulls eye in archery
- Taking Altitude campers slacklining
- Picking out the perfect bunk
- Canoeing around the lake
- Learning about following Christ
- Getting to break in the new water toys on the Drenched Lake
- Worship at the Mountain Chapel
- The Perfect Cannon Ball
- Taking the staff to a Greenville Drive baseball game
- Zip lining
- Rafting down the Chattooga
- Seeing counselors pour into their campers
- The new rotation of summer camp pastors
- Learning what abiding in Christ means
- Tubing on Lake Jocassee
- Echoing songs of praise off the mountains
- Paddle boarding
- Sliding down the Wet Willie
- Seeing campers gain confidence
- Rocking out with the worship band
- Climbing to the top of the alpine tower
- Learning what it means to trust
- Banana slugs
- Giant Swinging
- Creek hiking
- Evening devotions
- Exploring God’s creation
- The day I went to sea….
- Team building
- Staying up late with Eclipse campers
- Making new best friends
- Camp fires
- Learning new things
- Tree climbing
- Cabin cheers
- Mud rocks
- Learning how to be a Christian servant
- Ships and Sailors
- Climbing trees
- Worship at the Lakeside Chapel
- Dance party
- and finally…being about to introduce Summer 2017’s theme
What is the definition of trek?
- a long arduous journey, especially one made on foot
- go on a long arduous journey, typically on foot
Why did the Israelites follow a cloud through the wilderness? What the heck does washing someone’s feet have to do with being a Christian servant? What does being a follower of Christ even mean? These are the questions we are excited to explore this summer as we TREK with Christ using the mnemonic FAST.
F – Follow We’re going to discuss examples of the Israelites faithfully following God, and the disciples sometimes struggling to follow Jesus. Is it easy to follow?
A – Abide “I am the vine, and you are the branches. If you stay joined to me, and I stay joined to you, then you will produce lots of fruit. But you cannot do anything without me.” What does abide even mean and what does it tell us about the relationships we have?
S – Serve Jesus gave us some pretty poignant examples about what it means to be a servant. How can we live this out in our lives?
T – Trust “Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?” Have you ever had doubts? Had your trust broken? Felt alone? We’re going to discuss how the disciples might have felt this way, but also the ways that God overcomes all doubts to allow us to live fully.
It’s going to be a great summer. Don’t miss it.